Hypnosis Hypnotherapy Whitby Scarborough Filey Bridlington Pickering Malton Market Weighton Driffield York Guisborough Redcar Saltburn Middlesbrough Thirsk North Yorkshire UK
About Alan Gray
Alan Gray established his Scarborough Hypnotherapy Practice in 2006 and is highly qualified and experienced. Alan is a compassionate and dynamic practitioner with wide experience in Clinical Hypnotherapy, Integrated Psychotherapy, Hypno-analysis, Neuro-linguistic Programming, Mindfulness, Inner-Child Therapy, Stress Management, Coaching and Body-Mind Therapies.
Alan brings a wealth of life experience with professional skills to match. He listens carefully to what you want to achieve, knowing you are an expert on you. His consultations are confidential, down-to-earth and non-judgmental. The therapeutic setting is relaxed, comfortable and professional.
Yes, he has a long list of formal qualifications. Yet what matters just as much, if not more, is his life experience. Hypnosis with Alan at Scarborough Hypnotherapy is the natural solution to many emotional and habitual challenges that typify modern society.
In his formative years he was introduced to hypnosis by a stage hypnotist uncle.
Alan helps clients to address a wide range of issues including: stress & anxiety, weight control, irritable bowel syndrome, sexual issues, obsessions & compulsions, phobias & addictions: such as smoking, gambling & alcohol abuse.
To quote one client: “Alan is fantastic! He's helped me stop smoking and drinking -
would gladly recommend him to anyone who wants to improve their health & well-being!”
He has completed comprehensive initial and ongoing trainings at the highest level and qualified for full accredited membership of several professional hypnotherapy and psychotherapy associations.
For your peace-of-mind also, Alan is bound by Professional Codes of Practice, Ethics and Standards which are a requirement of his memberships. He is fully DBS checked too.
On a personal level you will find Alan to be professional, very approachable and a good listener with a sense of humour. He sincerely cares about his clients in helping them achieve their desire for change. All consultations are in complete confidence.
As an important part of his training, unlike very many hypnotherapists, Alan Gray completed his own personal therapy and as a result resolved many years of depression, which did not respond to standard medical treatment.
He is proud of his northern roots being born a 'Geordie' near Newcastle-upon-Tyne. When he was 14 years old the family relocated to a farm in the Esk Valley. There he milked cows and looked after pigs and poultry before and after school. An early version of the 'good life'!
After Whitby schooling, where he left aged 15 with few qualifications, and work experience Alan graduated from university at the age of 25 and then worked in Scotland and Southern England variously as an agricultural adviser, financial consultant and college lecturer before becoming a registered clinical hypnotherapist.
He has lived in Scarborough since 1996 and finds it a great place to enjoy.
As with any profession it is vital to update one's knowledge and skills. Accordingly, Alan has been privileged to train with many experts in the field of hypnosis, psychotherapy and hypnotherapy, including: Dr Paul Peace & Karen Bartle MSc (Academy of Advanced Changework), Gil Boyne PhD of ACHE California (Developer of Transformation Therapy), Steve Andreas MA (Pioneer of NLP), Cal Banyan MA of California (one of the World's top Practitioners), Dr Tim Brunson (USA), Dr Rumi Peynovska MD MSc Medical Hypnotherapy NHS London, Dr John Butler PhD MA BA BSc (Analytical Hypnotherapy), Andrew Newton (who originally taught Paul McKenna), Dr Anna Zohrabian MD PhD Medical Principal London College of Hypnosis, Robert Kelly FIAPH (Analytical Hypnotherapy, & Smoking Cessation) and Gladeana McMahon FBACP (UK Founder of Cognitive-Behavioural (CBT) Coaching).
Over the years Alan has received specialist training in anxiety-related issues, stress management, weight loss, stopping smoking, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, self-confidence issues, self-esteem, fears & phobias and pain management.
If hypnotherapy is new to you, and even if you have experienced hypnosis before, you are more than welcome to have a FREE Complementary no-obligation informal chat with Alan in his Scarborough consulting rooms. He will be very pleased to meet you.
Alan uses an eclectic entirely client-focused approach. This can include Post-hypnotic Suggestions, Hypno-analysis, Neuro-linguistic Programming and other 'talking therapies' to match the unique needs of each person he has the privilege to meet. Life is a journey, enjoy the ride. Alan's strives to achieve lasting positive change for his clients in the fastest possible time.
• BSc (Hons) [University of Wales]
• MA [University of East Anglia]
• Graduate Diploma in Management Studies [University of Strathclyde]
• CertEd (FE) [University of Portsmouth]
• Hypnotherapy Practitioner Diploma
• Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Hypno-analysis
• Advanced Diploma in Hypnotherapy
• Master Practitioner Neuro-linguistic Programming (NLP)
• Advanced Diploma in Stress Consultancy
• Doctorate Complementary Medicine
• 5-PATH© Advanced Certification
• Advanced Neuro-Noetic Programme
• Diploma in Pure Hypno-analysis
• Advanced Practitioner Emotional Freedom Techniques
• PhD Metaphysics
• Advanced Certified Clinical Hypnotherapist
• Certified Hypertension Practitioner
• Gil Boyne Master Class in Hypnotherapy
• Diploma in Past Life Regression
• Stop Smoking Hypnosis Specialist
• Educational Performance Practitioner
• Licensed Practitioner Hypno-Band Weight Loss System
• MIND Mental Charity Trained
• Anatomy and Pathophysiology
• Health Psychology
• 'Inner child' Therapy
• Complementary and Natural Healthcare Council [CNHC] *
• General Hypnotherapy Register [Senior Advanced Member]
• National Council for Hypnotherapy [Accredited]
• The Hypnotherapy Association [Full Member]
• National Council of Psychotherapists [Senior Accredited]
• General Hypnotherapy Standards Council [Senior Advanced Practitioner]
• Chartered Member International Hypnosis Research Institute
• Past Life Therapists Association
• Central Register of Stop Smoking Therapist
• British Holistic Medical Association
• Royal Society of Medicine
• Royal Society for Public Health
• Royal Society of Biology
• Chartered Management Institute
* The Department of Health (DH) have recommended that when individuals are looking for a hypnotherapist they consult a practitioner who is listed on the CNHC register.
Equally the General Medical Council (GMC) have advised doctors to, where appropriate, refer patients to practitioners who are listed on a Professional Standards Authority (PSA) Register such as the CNHC, which is the DH Register for Clinical Hypnotherapists.
Alan Gray was a founding member of the CNHC.
Private Waiting Room
Across Scarborough Whitby Filey Hunmanby Seamer Bridlington Pickering Malton York Middlesborough Stockton Redcar Saltburn Guisborough Market Weighton Driffield Thirsk Kirkbymoorside Helmsley Kingston upon Hull Teesside East Yorkshire North Yorkshire and the North of England
Making an Appointment
We provide a Free and informal Initial Appointment (30 minutes) if requested to discuss your personal needs and establish if we can help. Please feel free to bring a friend along for company if you wish.
If you telephone and we are with a client, you may be directed to leave a message. Please give your name and telephone number and a suitable time to call you back. Due to the confidential nature of our work, Alan personally takes all appointment bookings.
Hypnosis Whitby Hypnotist Filey Hypnotherapy Bridlington Hypnosis Pickering Hypnotist Malton Hypnotherapist Driffield Hypnosis North Yorkshire
Personal Development for Health & Success
Natural Relaxing Liberating
Scarborough Hypnotherapy –
the specialist in helping you
Become the Person You Want To Be.
Scarborough Hypnotherapy has no control of and accepts no responsiblity for the content and products of websites external to the Scarborough Hypnotherapy website.
© Copyright Alan Gray Scarborough Hypnotherapy Practice 2006-17. All rights reserved.