Hypnosis Hypnotherapy Whitby Scarborough Filey Bridlington Pickering Malton Market Weighton Driffield York Guisborough Redcar Saltburn Middlesbrough Thirsk North Yorkshire UK
Favourite Quotations of Alan Gray
• The subconscious mind is the hidden hand of direction in our life.
• Research shows that people of above average intelligence make the best hypnotic subjects
• We become what we think.
Prince Gautama Siddharta, Founder of Buddhism 563-483 BC
• The world's most important occupation has no statutory training. The assumption is we instinctly know how to bring up children!
• Believe, then achieve.
• Man must coexist with nature in the long run.
• Never underestimated the value of a positive role model.
•To forgive is to let go of anger.
• Be of good courage and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope on the Lord
• Giving is better than receiving.
• Pride is double-edged: although it sets standards it creates tensions and could even destroy mankind. It comes before a fall.
• Like genes, mistakes often pass down generations. Lest we forget.
• The natural world has a delicate balance.
• Man has the greatest potential for good and evil. Man made laws are mechanistic and imposed, we need an internal spiritual dimension.
• Religious beliefs and darwinian evolution need not be incompatible.
• The power of the imagination greatly exceeds that of logic.
• If we confess our sins he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
• Anxiety is fear spread thinly.
• Although the mind of man is intangible, it is the most powerful force in the known universe.
• Guilt is internally directed and undermines self-esteem.
• Let your thoughts be of quality, then opportunities become unlimited.
• He who perseveres wins.
• There are two types of people: the reliable and the unreliable.
• Have a definite aim for each day and then fill yourself full of enthusiasm.
• The way of true progress is rarely smooth.
• An ability to think outside the box, and outside your habits, allows you to develop your potential.
• Courage is taking action outside your comfort zone. Those who seek will find.
• A man's mind plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.
• Dreams can become your reality.
• As the mind believes so the body and mind achieve.
• Plan your future by writing it down.
• The man who wins is the man who is sure he can.
• Wait on the Lord: be of good courage and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait I say on the Lord.
• Drive, steadfast determination, and a consuming desire, will compensate for limited talent.
• You're every thought has some influence on the direction of your life.
• The best ideas come to you when you're not thinking.
• Self-love is the soundest foundation for loving others.
• Our goal in life is happiness, but make others happy first.
• Medical science concludes that a patient's positive thoughts are at least as important as the prescribed treatment.
• Anxiety and stress can create apparently unrelated physical symptoms as expressions of core personality.
• Smoking, excessive drinking, gambling, overeating and other self-destructive habits may suppress emotional disharmony short-term. But longer-term, this lifestyle leaves anxiety unresolved and further undermines mental & physical health.
• A journey through life without a plan is a boat without a rudder, lacking in purposeful direction.
• In the first impressionable 15 years of life we absorb more than in the rest of our lifetime.
• Optimism is a belief and passion from within to help you over difficult times.
• Passion is stronger than logic.
• Live your life as a preparation for the next.
• The beginning is always today.
• Begin, be bold and venture to be wise.
• Don’t be afraid to take a big step if one is indicated. You can’t cross a chasm in two small jumps.
David Lloyd George
• The highest courage is to dare to appear to be what one is.
John Lancaster Spalding
• One never knows what each day is going to bring. The important thing is to be open & ready for it.
• If you don’t risk anything, you risk even more.
• Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.
• Pessimism never won a battle.
• Too many people overvalue what they are not, and undervalue what they are.
Malcolm S Forbes
• Success is dependent on effort.
• Change your thoughts and change your world.
Norman Vincent Peale
• Always laugh when you can. It is cheap medicine.
• Have no fear of perfection – you’ll never reach it.
• Failure is unimportant. It takes courage to make a fool of yourself.
• Perseverance is failing nineteen times and succeeding on the twentieth.
• A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.
• He who laughs most, learns best.
• Happiness depends on ourselves.
• The art of being wise is the art of knowing what to overlook.
• What you dislike in another, take care to correct in yourself.
• The magic is believing in yourself; if you can do that you can make anything happen.
• Mistakes are the portal of discovery.
• Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.
George Bernard Shaw
NB: The term man used above is merely for convenience and applies equally to women.
Across Scarborough Whitby Filey Hunmanby Seamer Bridlington Pickering Malton York Middlesborough Stockton Redcar Saltburn Guisborough Market Weighton Driffield Thirsk Kirkbymoorside Helmsley Kingston upon Hull Teesside East Yorkshire North Yorkshire and the North of England
Making an Appointment
We provide a Free and informal Initial Appointment (30 minutes) if requested to discuss your personal needs and establish if we can help. Please feel free to bring a friend along for company if you wish.
If you telephone and we are with a client, you may be directed to leave a message. Please give your name and telephone number and a suitable time to call you back. Due to the confidential nature of our work, Alan personally takes all appointment bookings.
Hypnosis Whitby Hypnotist Filey Hypnotherapy Bridlington Hypnosis Pickering Hypnotist Malton Hypnotherapist Driffield Hypnosis North Yorkshire
Personal Development for Health & Success
Natural Relaxing Liberating
Scarborough Hypnotherapy –
the specialist in helping you
Become the Person You Want To Be.
Scarborough Hypnotherapy has no control of and accepts no responsiblity for the content and products of websites external to the Scarborough Hypnotherapy website.
© Copyright Alan Gray Scarborough Hypnotherapy Practice 2006-19. All rights reserved.